Firestick is a small media device from Amazon that lets you stream content on your TV from internet over Wi-Fi. You can view the content on the TV from the services you have subscribed to, such as Netflix. It is a small dongle that plugs into the HDMI port of your TV. You don’t need a smart TV to use Firestick (in fact, if you have a smart TV you wouldn’t need firestick or any such device to stream content.) But, your TV must have a HDMI port (or a HDMI to AV adapater). Firestick is compatible with a wide range of online media services such as Hulu, YouTube, HBO, Netflix, Pandor and more.
Kodi is an open-source, media player. This free to use application allows you to stream media content from variety of sources. Kodi supports a wide range of builds and add-ons that even let you play paid content for free. This is why many users want to use Kodi on Firestick.
Might be useful : How to Install Kodi on Roku
Kodi on Firestick – Is it possible?
Technically speaking – yes it is possible. Officially – no! In other words, Kodi is not available on the official app store of Amazon Firestick. But, it can be downloaded as a third-party application. Just like Android, Firestick lets you install apps from third-party sources. You need to tweak some devices settings though.
Getting Kodi for Firestick is not as straightforward as you may like. But, it is not difficult either. You need another third party application called ‘Downloader’. Downloader is in fact a third-party app store. It has various apps and tweaks for Firestick you wouldn’t normally find on the regular store. In the proceeding text we will learn to install Downloader followed by Kodi on Firestick.
We will first install the Downloader application on Firestick followed by Kodi installation. Here is how you can have Downloader on your Firestick device:
- Turn Firestick TV device on
- Go to Settings
- Select System
- Open ‘Developer Options’
- Click ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ and enable it by turning it ‘ON’
- Also click ‘ADB Debugging’ and turn it ‘ON’
- Click ‘OK’ when you see the warning message
- Return to the Firestick home screen
- Select ‘Search’
- Type in ‘Downloader’ using the onscreen keyboard
- Select ‘Downloader’ from the list
- Now click the Downloader app icon
- Press ‘Get’
- When the download is complete, you will see ‘Open’ button in place of ‘Get’; press ‘Open’ (you can also return to the home screen and select ‘Apps’ from the list on the left. You can launch Downloader app from the App section as well)
Trending Query : Is Kodi Legal & Safe to Use ?
Install Kodi on Firestick Using Downloader
Now we will see how to install Kodi using the Downloader application. Here is what you need to do:
- Run Downloader app
- Make sure ‘Home’ is selected on the left pane
- Tap inside the field that says ‘Enter the URL of the file you want to download’; an onscreen keyboard will appear
- Enter one of the following URLs:
- Enter bit.ly/stable161 to install Kodi 16 (Jarvis) version
- Enter bit.ly/kodiapk171 to install Kodi 17 (Krypton) version
- Press ‘Next’ on the onscreen keyboard
- Tap ‘Download’ button
- Select ‘Install’ on the next screen
- This will start the installation process. Select ‘Open’ when installation is complete
This is how you can install Kodi on Firestick TV. It is easy and safe.
Video Tutorial :
Yes, it is possible to install Kodi on Firestick. But, we need a workaround for it. Firstly, you will need to install third party app store called ‘Downloader’. You can use this app store to get Kodi.