Over the last couple of years, Kodi has emerged as one of the most effective media players. Kodi recently released its latest installment Kodi 17.0 Krypton. This is the first ever release to be available directly on the Windows Store. Not only does the new release feature an enhanced and more user friendly interface, it also offers several bug fixes and better stability.
Ever since its release on Windows Store, Krypton has become one of the most downloaded applications. At this time, the Krypton version in the Windows Store only supports Windows 10 OS. If you need it for Windows 7 or 8, you can download it from the Kodi website. Please note that presently only the beta version of Kodi is available. But, the final Krypton release should be available soon.
Krypton does not include and pre-deployed add-ons. Kodi’s download page says that this version does not contain any content at all. Thankfully, like its predecessors, Krypton allows you to add the content from various storage locations, including remote and local. It also supports hundreds of add-ons and plugins so there is no dearth of content.
Benefits of Downloading Kodi (Krypton) from Windows Store
If you are using Windows 10, we would recommend you to install Kodi 17.0 Krypton from Windows Store. This will give you some additional benefits. Here is a quick look:
- You will get automatic updates. When there is a new version of Krytpon on the store, you will be notified. There is no need to keep checking for the new release manually.
- The Store and Kodi website version use the same userdata. This means that if you need to switch from one version to another without any hassles.
- The developers are able to get the statistics for crash logs for the Windows Store version. This helps them identify and resolve the bugs
System Requirements to Get Kodi for Windows
Kodi is now available on the Windows Store. There are some system requirements you need to meet. Here is the list:
- Windows 7, 8 & 10 (Note: If you are downloading from Windows Store, you will require Windows 10)
- DirectX 9 will do but DirectX 11 is recommended
- Minimum RAM 2 GB but works better on 4 GB
- Video Memory of at least 1 GB
The installation process is pretty straightforward. Here are the simple steps you need to follow:
- There are two sources from where you can get Kodi 17.0 Krypton for Windows
- From the Kodi website at https://kodi.tv/download (for Windows 7, 8, and 10)
- From the Windows Store at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/kodi/9nblggh4t892 (only for Windows 10)
- If you have chosen Windows Store for the download, simply click ‘Get the app’ button
- If you are downloading from the Kodi website, scroll down and click on Windows icon
- On the next screen you will be able to see the link to Windows Store in the ‘Release’ row; in the same row you will see ‘INSTALLER’ button to download it directly from Kodi; click on this button (there is another INSTALLER button in the ‘Nightly’ row to download from the supported mirrors. But, we will download from the Kodi website)
- The ‘Save As’ window will appear (if your browser is not set to download automatically to the default folder) where you can choose the desired folder to save the ‘installer’ file (.exe file)
- Double click on the downloaded file after locating the folder in which it is saved
- Click ‘Next’ on the first screen of the Kodi 17.0 installation wizard
- Follow the simple onscreen instructions to complete the installation process
You now have the latest version of Kodi on your Windows operating system. You can launch Kodi 17.0 Krypton from the desktop or Start Menu shortcuts.
Kodi is a very popular free, open-source media player, which also doubles as a media server. It is available on a wide range of platforms including Android, iOS, Windows and more. Krypton (version 17.0) is the latest Kodi release. It is the first installment available on the Windows Store. It brings several enhancements over its predecessors. You can download it from the Kodi website or directly from the Windows Store.