Kodi is the biggest community supported media player at this time. One of the best things about Kodi is that it lets you install custom add-ons and builds. But, the problem is most users are not able to tell a good build from a bad one. Not all the builds are meant for all the devices. The right build enhances your Kodi experiences dramatically. On the other hand, wrong build can cause lags and glitches. So, how to identify the right build for your device?
This is where TDB Wizard comes into picture. While TDB Wizard has been re-branded as Echo Wizard, it is still more popularly referred to by its old name. This wizard scans your device and suggests the most suitable builds for it. It also lists out the builds not recommended for or supported on your Kodi device. In this guide we will learn how to install TDB wizard and to install the builds through it.
Note : TDB Wizard is maintained and supported by Echo team. You will not find any support related to it on Kodi forums. If you have any questions, contact the Echo team.
Download and Install TDB Wizard (Step by Step Guide)
Getting TDB Wizard on Kodi is even easier than you might have thought. All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
Step 1 – Open Kodi player on your device and then Select ‘System’ from the main menu.
Step 2 – Select ‘File manager’ from the sub-menu options.
Step 3 – Choose ‘Add source’ from the options list in ‘File manager’.
Step 4 – Tap the text box with the text ‘None’.
Step 5 – Now enter the URL http://www.tdbwizard.co.uk/repo.
Step 6 – Click OK button on the bottom of ‘Add file source’ window. Give a name to the add-on (choose a name that helps you identify the wizard later without any difficulty. ‘TDB Wizard’ itself would be a good name’). At last, Press OK.
Step 7 – Go back to the home screen and again select ‘System’ from the main menu. Select ‘Add-ons’ on the left pane in the ‘Change your Settings’ window.
Step 8 – Select ‘Install from zip file’ option from the list.
Step 9 – Select the file name you saved in Step 8 (‘TDB Wizard’ in our case).
Step 10 – Click the .zip file you see on the next screen.
Step 11 – Wait for the notification on the bottom right corner saying that the add-on was enabled;
Step 12 – Return to the home screen and click ‘System’ again. Select ‘Add-ons’ on the left pane and Select ‘Install from repository’ this time.
Step 13 – Click ‘TDB Builds Repository’ from the list.
Step 14 – Select ‘.TDB Wizard’ and hit enter.
Step 15 : Click ‘Install’ button on the left pane on the ‘Add-on information’ window.
Step 16 – You will see a pop-up saying that the Add-on was successfully enabled.
Step 17 – Go back to the home screen and select ‘Programs’ from the main menu and you will see the TDB Wizard listed here.
That’s it! You have successfully deployed the TDB Wizard add-on on Kodi. You can now start installing the desired builds.
Installing Builds with TDB Wizard
One of the best things about TDB Wizard is that it supports some exciting builds. Want to learn how to install the builds using TDB? Follow these steps:
1. Select ‘Program’ from the Kodi main menu on the home screen.
2. Click ‘TDB Wizard’; this will launch TDB Wizard.
3. Select ‘TDB Wizard Builds’ from the list,
4. Select Jarvis Builds from the list of the builds (two free build categories are available, Jarvis and Krypton; there are some beta builds as well but they are only for the premium/VIP members of TDB).
5. Select the desired build you wish to install from the list of the available builds (certain builds are suited only to specific devices; some builds may not be compatible with your device).
6. Click ‘Yes’ when the confirmation dialogue box appears (this box will give a brief description of the build and the recommended system requirements; if a particular build is not available on your device, you will not see the Yes button but only the ‘Cancel’ button).
7. This will install the build; once the build is installed it will ask you to reboot Kodi; go ahead with it.
Once you restart Kodi the build will be installed on your device.
It is important to find the right builds so that you can have a great Kodi experience. Thanks to TDB Wizard, you do not need to look up for the compatible builds manually. This add-on suggests the best builds for your device. This means that you will never have a build not meant for your device.