There was a time when Genesis was the most preferred plugin for Kodi. It gave the users access to a wide range of media sources like none other. But, due to some unavoidable circumstances, the plugin creators had to pull the plugs and withdraw the support. Thus people started looking for alternatives. If truth be told, no other plugin has come even close to Genesis yet. Kodi users had to settle for whatever they could lay their hands on. But, there is good news.
The developer of Genesis have introduces a new plugin called Exodus, which bears some amazing likeness to its predecessor. Exodus has been around for a little over a year and has already become the plugin of choice for many users. What we have noticed is that Exodus is not the same as Genesis; it is better. It is an upgraded version. While the features and functions remain pretty much the same, there has been a dramatic enhancement in the content quality.
Want to get Exodus on Kodi? Here is our complete guide on how to install Kodi Exodus addon.
Trending : Kodi on Firestick (Updated Tutorial)
Install Exodus on Kodi 16 (Jarvis)
If you have installed any add-on on Jarvis before, you may remember that the first thing we need to do is add the source, which you may also call media location. This is the place from where all the necessary files are downloaded to your Kodi system.
- #1. Run Kodi Jarvis and select ‘System’. Now go to ‘File Manager’ and from there select the option ‘Add Source’ on the left.
- #2. A new window will appear on the screen. You should see a text box field with ‘<None>’ written.
- #3. You need to overwrite this field with the source link. Type in http://fusion.tvaddons.ag in this field (make sure you type it exactly the way we have provided the link). Now select ‘Done.’
- #4. On the same window, you need to give a name to the media location or source you have provided. Type in a name you can remember as you will need to get back to it later during the installation process. We would give it the name ‘fusion’.
- #5. Return to the Kodi home screen and select ‘System’ one more time. Click on the options ‘Add-Ons’ on the left and then from the list click ‘Install from zip file.’
- #6.You should now be able to see the list of all the sources that have been added to Kodi so far. You need to select ‘fusion’ (or the name you gave earlier).
- #7. Now select ‘kodi-repos’ and then ‘English.’
- #8. You should be able to see a ZIP or .zip file on the list. It will look something like ‘repository.exodus-x.x.x.zip’ where ‘x.x.x’ represents the version number. This will begin the installation process of the add-on. It will take a minute or less to install it. Once it is installed, you will see the notification on the bottom left saying ‘add-on enabled.’
- #9. The process isn’t complete yet. You now need to select ‘Install from repository’ and then choose the ‘Exodus Repository’.
- #10. Now you need to choose ‘Video add-ons’ followed by ‘Exodus.’
- #11. Now click ‘Install’ when you see the option. This part of the installation will now complete and you will see the notification on the bottom left.
Also see : How to Set Up Kodi on Chromecast
Install Exodus on Kodi Krypton (Kodi 17)
The installation process slightly differs from Jarvis. But, it is not too different. Follow these simple steps to install Exodus on Kodi Krypton.
- Step 1 – Run Kodi on the device and select ‘Settings’ icon on the top left (between the power and search button). It is a cog icon.
- Step 2 – On the next screen, select ‘File Manager’ from the list of the options.
- Step 3 – Select ‘Add source’ from the list on the left. This should open a new window labelled ‘Add file source.’
- Step 4 – Tap the text box with the default value ‘<None>’ and type in http://fusion.tvaddons.ag. Make sure you type it correctly or else installation will not commence. Select ‘OK’.
- Step 5 – In the ‘Enter a name for this media source’ field, choose a name for the source. You can type in any name you want but it must be memorable. You will need to select this name later during the course of installation. We will stick to ‘fusion’ like before. Type ‘fusion’ and select ‘OK.’
- Step 6 – Return to the Kodi Krypton home screen and click ‘Add-ons.’
- Step 7 – Now you need to select the ‘Add-on browser’ icon. This icon will appear on the top left after selecting ‘Add-ons’ in the previous step.
- Step 8 – You will now be able to see a list of the options. Select ‘Install from zip file’ from the list.
- Step 9 – Now you need to select the source you added earlier. Select ‘fusion’ (this is the name we gave to the source earlier).
- Step 10 – Select the folder ‘kodi-repos’ followed by ‘English’ folder.
- Step 11 – Now select the Zip file from which we have to install Exodus. It will look something like ‘repository.exodus-x.x.x.zip’ where ‘x.x.x’ represents the version number. Let the installation complete. You need to wait for the notification ‘add-on enabled’ to appear on the top right.
- Step 12 – Once you see the notification, select ‘Install from repository’ and choose the ‘Exodus repository’. On the next screen, you need to click ‘Video add-ons’.
- Step 13 – Finally, select ‘Exodus’ and then click on the ‘Install’ button on the bottom left.
You will see the ‘Add-on enabled’ notification again. This means Exodus has been installed. You can now go ahead and use it.