One of the best things about Kodi is that it lets you watch live TV from around the world. But, the problem is that we don’t watch everything on one TV channel. We need switch between the channels regularly. With so many options at our disposal, it could become pretty difficult to keep a track of everything. Echo TV Guide helps you organize the live TV channels and shows so that there is absolutely no confusion at all. It brings all your favourite plugins for live TV on one platform.
Echo team is an independent Kodi developer. They offer various third-party add-ons and builds. Since they are third-party, unofficial providers, you will not find any support for them on Kodi. But, you can get in touch with the Echo team for any help. We have created this website as well to help you with various aspects of Kodi. In this guide, we will learn to install Echo TV guide add-on.
Steps to Install Echo TV Guide Add-on for Kodi
Installing this add-on is easy. But, the process is long so please make sure you follow each step very carefully. Here is what you need to do:
- 1. Launch the Kodi player normally on your device.
- 2. From the main menu select ‘System’ option.
- 3. Click ‘File Manager’ from the submenu options.
- 4. Now click ‘Add source’ from the ‘File Manager’ options.
- 5. You should be able to see a text box with ‘<None>’ text in it; tap inside that text box.
- 6. Enter the following in the text box: http://fusion.tvaddons.ag.
- 7. Now hit the ‘Done’ button.
- 8. Now you need to give the name to the media source; make sure you give a name you can remember easily and can identify this add-on with; we will choose the name ‘Echo TV Guide’ here.
- 9. Click ‘OK’ button.
- 10. Go back to the Kodi home screen now.
- 11. Select ‘System’ one more time from the main menu.
- 12. Click ‘Add-ons’.
- 13. Select ‘Install from zip file’ from the list.
- 14. Click the name you chose in Step 8 (‘Echo TV Guide’ in our case).
- 15. Select the .zip file on the next screen (it will start with the word ‘repository.echo’).
- 16. You will see the notification ‘Add-on enabled’ on the bottom right of the screen after a few seconds.
- 17. Now select ‘Install from repository’.
- 18. Select ‘Echo Repository’.
- 19. Select Program Add-ons and then click on Echo TV Guide.
- 20. Select the option ‘Install’.
This will install the Echo TV guide add-on on Kodi within a minute or even less.
In order to access the add-on, go back to the home screen. Select ‘Programs’ from the main menu. Now click ‘Echo TV Guide’
How to select the source
Once you have installed Echo TV Guide you will want to select the desired sources. Here are the steps:
- Access Echo TV Guide from Programs in the main menu
- Right click the Echo TV Guide
- Now click the Settings for Echo TV Guide
- Click Source
- Select XMLTV
- Click ‘Standard TV Guide’
- Click OK
- Again select ‘Echo TV Guide’
The source will now start to download on the device.
Lots of people watch many live TV channels regularly. Thanks to Kodi, it brings a wide range live content from all over the world. But, with so much to choose from, things may get a little overwhelming at times. This is where Echo TV Guide comes into picture. This add-on helps you organize your favourite live TV channels and shows. It makes sure that your live TV experience on Kodi is completely hassle free.
Must check : How to Install TDB Wizard on Kodi