This post elaborates on everything you wish to know about Fusion Kodi. You’ll also find a comprehensive guide inside on installing Kodi Fusion for both Jarvis and Krypton versions of Kodi, so that you can add more strength to your media suite. So, without further ado, let’s explore!
Saying that Kodi, formerly XBMC, is a great media player would squarely be an understatement. Home entertainment, when leveraged to an enhanced and streamlined viewing experience, is Kodi. It’s one of the most popular and versatile media centers to try out; the comfiest way to watch your favorite TV shows and movies in one place with complete ease of access. From Raspberry Pi, Amazon Fire Stick to Android smartphones, Kodi is pieced together to work seamlessly on all platforms. And the development community is constantly at works to improve your experience better on Kodi. We already know the whole chunk of addons, which are being created one after another, to soup up the show. Here, we’re drawing light on Fusion Kodi – the addon installer for the media center.
What is Fusion Addon Installer?
First things first, Fusion isn’t an add-on, but a source directory for Kodi. If you’ve Fusion, you can easily install a range of add-ons and repositories with just a few clicks. Fusion, in a way, is an addon store for Kodi. It’s much similar to what Play Store is for an Android smartphone. Another thing about Fusion to know is that it’s a 3rd party program addon and not supported by the official Kodi. That being so, if you’re facing any issues or difficulties with Fusion, you need not put up a query on the official Kodi forums, since they’ve nothing to do with it. With Fusion, you can install a great deal of add-ons to expand your Kodi’s functionality. Since you’ll be able to tailor your experience to a whole new level, you wouldn’t mind spending hours glued to your screen, and watching your favorite TV shows and movies on a roll.
Now that you know what Fusion Kodi is, we’ve provided two separate guides on installing Kodi for Jarvis and Krypton versions respectively. These step-to-step instructions will make it extremely easy for you to install Fusion Kodi on both of its popular versions.
But before going down to the guides, there is something that needs a clarification. Piracy is a crime. Neither Kodi, nor us endorse or encourage piracy in any whatsoever. If you’re using any of the downloaded add-ons for piracy, you should pay for the copyrighted material in a lawful manner. We request you to abide by the law and say no to piracy.
How to Install Fusion on Kodi Jarvis?
The process of installing Fusion Kodi on Jarvis is very simple. We’ve mentioned the steps below.
- Launch Kodi and follow the path: System (or Settings depending on the skin in use) >> File Manager >> Add Source.
- Now, select None and type http://fusion.tvaddons.co (exactly the way we’ve mentioned here).
- Hit Done.
- Go to the box marked ‘enter a name for this media source’, type Fusion in the specified section, and tap Ok.
Installing Add-ons Via Fusion Kodi
This section explains the process of installing addons via Fusion on Jarvis Kodi. We’ve kept it shorter for your convenience. Take a look!
- On the home screen of Kodi, click the Settings (or System for some skins) option in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Now, select Addons >> click Select from Zip File >> Fusion >> Kodi Repos (Repositories) >> English.
- From here, select any of the repositories to install.
How to Install Fusion on Kodi Krypton?
For the uninitiated, Krypton is the version 17 of the Kodi media player. Or, to put it otherwise, the 17th version of Kodi has been codenamed Krypton after Superman’s home planet. It’s the most recent Kodi version to have surfaced on the scene and packs a slew of interesting features for enhanced viewing experience. To name a few, Kodi Krypton brings two new skins – Estuary and Estouchy – for the touch-enabled devices; and a Settings page which looks more streamlined than before and logically grouped for the ease of access.
Now, coming to the main topic – the process of installing Fusion addon directory for Kodi 17. We’d like to tell you that the process differs a bit from what’s been the case with Jarvis or earlier Kodi builds. Since Krypton is just a few months old and several of you might still not be aware of how it works, we’ve outlined a detailed process of downloading this addon installer. Hope, this makes things easier for you.
Installing Fusion Kodi
1. Launch Kodi Krypton and go to Settings icon given on the top-left corner of the screen.
2. Now, follow the path: System Settings >> Expert Mode >> Addons.
3. Make sure that you’ve disabled the ‘Unknown Sources’. Otherwise you’ll not be able to download the third party addons.
4. The warning dialog box pops up. Just tap on ‘Yes’.
5. Doing this, return to the Home Screen, click the Settings icon again, and follow the path: File Manager >> Add Source >> http://fusion.tvaddons.co/ (type it as it’s mentioned here)
6. Name it ‘Fusion’ and hit Ok. Fusion Kodi has been installed successfully.
Installing Add-ons Via Fusion Kodi
In the steps below, you’ll come to know about installing addons from Fusion (which you’ve just installed). Read through!
- Open Kodi, head to Addons, and select Package Installer Icon in the top-left corner.
- Reaching there, hit ‘Install from Repository’ option and then, Kodi Addon Repository.
- Now, click the addon you wish to install and hit Install.
- Wait until you see the notification telling you that the installation of the addon is complete.
- Go back to Kodi home screen, click Addons, and select Video Addons.
- The addon you’ve just installed will show up here, along with all other addons you have downloaded, or will be downloading going ahead.
What To Do If Fusion Kodi Stops Working?
There have been times when users complained that despite downloading Fusion the right away, it isn’t working properly and constantly experiencing lags. Considering the spurt of such instances, we’ve decided to tell you the fix to the problem. If Fusion Kodi stops working, you can choose an alternative to it and get things rolling. Noobs and Nerds is a great fusion alternative to try out, and packs from really amazing repositories. You can check out installing Noobs and Nerds from this video here.
VPNs for Kodi
Without addons, Kodi looks and feels very ordinary. And, we’re sure that you find ordinary boring. While you may plan on downloading addons to experience Kodi in all difference, there can be some addons locked down to your country of residence. This means, you cannot access them in your country due to certain geo-restrictions. And, we agree that this is very hassling.
Fortunately, there are a number of VPNs (virtual private networks) allowing you to bypass the geo-restrictions and move surreptitiously across the web to scour and download content of your choice. VPNs basically hide your IPs and enable you to move across the web without being tracked for your movements. Not just this, you surf web more securely than before. There are some very great VPNs available in the market, which help you keep your online activities discreet and safe. IPVanish, ExpressVPN and NordVPN are a few of them.
That’s a wrap! We tried talking about everything about installing and using Fusion Kodi to download addons. We’ll be coming up with a lot more on this topic. If you feel there’s something that we’ve missed, but is important to include, let us know in the comments section below.